It's been a super duper loooong time since I last posted something. Um...almost 2 years? Just got a little busy I guess, whoops. Can't promise it won't happen again.
Anywho, a lot has happened since my last post. I've changed jobs twice since then. I went to a big insurance company for a software developer position that involved mostly support and not much development. I'm now back in web development at a smaller company that provides training and competency management tools to the oil and gas industry. Things are so much better now. I thought I would be okay not doing any we development but I missed it so so much. My coworkers are great and I really feel like I'm adding value to the team and company. YAY! I have to say I've been extremely lucky with my job searches. I'm thankful!
My little girl Joni will be 5 in November. F I V E! She is also starting PreK next Wednesday. I don't think it's really registered yet that this is happening. Oh, she also went to Chinese school once a week for 3 hours from January to June. I think that good to prepare her for real school. She had a difficult time the first few classes but enjoyed school once she made a few friends. She is especially fond of her little friend Kathleen.
Joni also met a couple of friends at the PreK screening so I'm sure she will be fine when she sees her friends. I've been pretty emotional after I became a mom so I hope I won't be like the moms that cry when they drop off their kid for the first day of school.
I really don't want her to grow up. I wish she can stay tiny forever. I think she's more than half my height already. It's beginning to look a bit ridiculous when I carry her, her legs are dangling close to my knees. (I'm on the short side and my kid is a bit tall.)
We've also listed our condo for sale almost 2 weeks ago. Peter and I decided that we wanted to live closer to our parents in Brighton. We'd also like to get more bedrooms so Peter's mom can stay with us if she wants to. It's been sort of exciting and terrifying at the same time. This is the first time we've ever sold any property. It's the first home for Peter and I and Joni spent most of her life here. We're getting pretty sentimental just thinking about leaving our condo. We have lots of good memories here with family and friends. It will be sad but it's time for something new. We're hopeful and feel positive that it's the right thing to do now. There's been lots of interest, I hope we get an offer soon!
Hopefully I'll remember to post something again soon. Take care until then!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment