Joni's 2 1/2 years old now! She's such a big girl now and talks nonstop! She's known her alphabet for awhile now. If I figure out how to post sound clips, I'll upload her singing her abc's. It's really cute.
The other week my sister says "Joni you're such a lucky girl!". Joni's response was "No I'm not! That's mean! I'm not a dog!". One of our neighbors has a dog named Lucky and I guess she thought my sister was calling her a dog. HA.
We started potty training this week. Last Tuesday we put Joni in underwear late in the afternoon and she was accident free for more than 6 hours! I was so proud. But the next day she went to the dentist with Peter and my mom and had an accident in an elavator. Doh! I'm glad it wasn't in the car. We didn't have any pants in the diaper bag so she just walked around in her underwear. I think they looked like shorts and just look at how happy she looks!

Honestly I think I didn't start it seriously because I'm lazy. It's really convenient to just keep her in diapers. I don't need to constantly ask if she needs to use the bathroom and I wouldn't need to clean up any accidents. But once I decided on Tuesday to start this, it wasn't hard at all. I just need to remember to ask or take her to the bathroom every so often depending on how much she drinks. Her pediatrician said kids can be potty trained in a weekend. IN A WEEKEND! So I'm going to try this weekend. :) Wish us luck.
On a sad note, we lost my father in law on Wednesday, May 11th. His health has been on a decline for the past couple of years. We miss him dearly.
No comments:
Post a Comment